01 Jan Staying fit on the Fleurieu over the Festive Season!
The Christmas holiday period is usually a time to overindulge and laze around. Long lunches and late nights are hallmarks of the summer holidays, however, there are many ways to stay active on the Fleurieu over the festive season. We’ve put together a list of 10 ways to keep active on the Fleurieu and avoid weight gain over the festive season.
1. Bike ride along the encounter bike path
2. Learn to surf at Middleton Beach
3. Swim some laps at the fantastic new Fleurieu Aquatic Centre
4. Play a round of golf at South Lakes Golf Club
5. Walk over the causeway to Granite Island & follow the path around the island
6. Bring out the cricket bat and ball for a hit of beach cricket at Goolwa Beach
7. Put up the beach tent and set up for the day at Horseshoe Bay. Swim out to the pontoon or across the Bay.
8. Go for a long trail walk above stunning Kings Beach and Waitpinga
9. Body surf at Boomer Beach
10.Give Park Run a go – a 5km loop every Saturday morning from Kent Reserve in Victor Harbor.
As you can see there are plenty of ways to keep active on the Fleurieu over the festive season. Rather than using down time to walk to the fridge for another piece of Chrissy cake, get outdoors and start moving! Cheers to a happy and healthy year ahead!